Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Calendar (Religious) ~ Headache Help

Headache Help:

This was posted on The Nourished Life.  In a nutshell:  peppermint oil (I apply it across the forehead and I actually use this a LOT for earaches, stuffiness, etc); water, food, willow bark, nap, acupuncture, massage, chiropractor, Feverfew, hot shower, acupressure, magnesium, cold packs, cherries, get outside, dlpa, salt loading, tea, eliminate the cause (like msg for me or too many tomatoes).  I'm not endorsing all of those - this is just from her list posted in the link below.

http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2011/01/21-home-remedies-for-migraines-and.html#

Quote of the Day:

I haven't had a quote of the day in many months!  Here is a good one:

"It is when we attempt to avoid suffering by withdrawing from anything that might involve hurt, when we try to spare ourselves the effort and pain of pursuing truth, love, and goodness, that we drift into a life of emptiness, in which there may be almost no pain, but the dark sensation of meaninglessness and abandonment is all the greater. It is not by sidestepping or fleeing from suffering that we are healed, but rather by our capacity for accepting it, maturing through it and finding meaning through union with Christ, who suffered with infinite love." —POPE BENEDICT XVI, —Spe Salvi, n. 37

Pope Benedict XVI has written many books.  I'll be honest, most of it goes right over my head!  My poor lyme brain simply cannot process what it use to be able to handle.  Here is a search of his books.
Search Amazon.com Books for pope benedict xvi

In case some are missing from that search I did another under Cardinal Ratzinger:
Search Amazon.com Books for joseph ratzinger

Even if you are not Catholic, this biography of Pope Benedict XVI is a good biographical book for youngsters.  Joseph and Chico is a children's biography of this very important modern world leader.  I got it through inter-library loan a few years ago.  I haven't read Joseph from Germany but it looks like a good one for children as well.  I found 2 more biographies for children:  Pope Benedict XVI (Biography; A&E); and Pope Benedict XVI (People in the News).  I found the sequel for Joseph and Chico called Max and Benedict.  I guess I need to start my ILL requests!






















































This is one I would love to read:

















February Calendar:

Now that February is almost over I *finally* got the calendar finished.  Countless times when I was ready to work on it the computer would freeze, the phone would ring, time was up, the computer would freeze, the computer would freeze (seriously, it was uncanny how much computer trouble I had when I would try to get this done).  Here it is, I hope it will enrich some family somewhere and hopfully make planning easier.

http://tinyurl.com/46bsgbc


I found these for less than $2 at the local health food store for breadsticks for St. Blaise.  We rarely buy store-bought crackers, etc., so it was a real treat (for me!) to just pick up a box of bread sticks for our soup dinner lately.  I got these because of the short list of ingredients and the price:  Alessi Thin Breadsticks.  There are other flavors/products here.  The box came with 5 little packets of breadsticks.  The dc (and dh) were surprised to find a packet just for them at their place for dinner.  Too cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment