Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Real Trees 4 Kids

I am selfishly posting this so I don't forget about it! This link came through a group and it looks fantastic. I only skimmed through the K-2 and the Gr. 6-8 sections. K-2 uses literature for interdisciplinary studies centered around trees. Too cool! Gr. 6-8 has some very good explanations and visuals for the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen cycles, classification of trees and more. No literature (that I saw) for that grade level but the olders can listen in while I read aloud to the youngest and then do their level lessons. Don't forget to check out the teacher section. Here's the link (drum roll...):

http://www.realtrees4kids.org/index.htm

I can see making a felt mat for those cycles. One generic mat and the cut pieces (like the arrows) for each in separate baggies. The tricky pictures like the deer could just be printed on cardstock with a piece of felt glued to the back. Hmmm. Okay, let's add that to the "will I ever get to it?" list!

Enjoy!

Other news: Youngest dd has her first oral report at her enrichment today. We made a very simple poster of cartouches. So far she doesn't seem very freaked out about it.

What's Cookin'?

Not much today. Chicken bone broth is in the crockpot. I have some kind of joint infection going on (New lyme strain?? Hope not! They have now identified 100 strains). I quit drinking broth daily for about a month so I think it will help to get back on that.

The cabbage that sat salted in the fridge for 2 days did fine when dd mashed it for kraut. We'll see how it goes.

I am almost out of coconut bark so I'll be making some more of that soon. I'm the only one who really likes it. The first time all the dc liked it as well but this time I used homemade peanut butter and it's crunchy. I'll make it with store-bought while we have some and see how well it goes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment