Monday, November 9, 2009

Creamy coconut bark

What's Cookin'?

Here is a good treat to get some extra coconut oil and probiotics into your diet.

I don't know the name for this; creamy coconut bark maybe?



Here is the recipe:
4 ounces unsalted butter
8 ounces cream cheese
vanilla and sweetener to taste


Mix all together and drop bite-size blobs onto parchment paper and freeze.

**Here is what I ended up doing (the amounts are small because I was experimenting and had already eaten most of the cream cheese!):

-2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used refined for this - not as good for you as VCO, I know, but it won't help if I don't eat it).
-2 tablespoons butter (salted because that's what I had)
-2 tablespoons cream cheese (mine had probiotics because it was homemade using yogurt)
-2 teaspoons demerara
dash of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon raw cacao (less processed than cocoa but use what you have)

I melted the butter, CO, sugar, and vanilla together. Since I overmelted I had to wait a while for it to cool. Then I had to wait longer and finally stuck it in the fridge to cool. When it was finally cooled down but not hard I added the cream cheese. Well, it was a little hard because by that time I had gotten distracted and overcooled it. But it still mixed easily. This was cream cheese made at home from raw yogurt. I waited for it to cool before adding the cream cheese because I didn't want to kill the enzymes. Had I been using Philadelphia cream cheese from the store I wouldn't have been so particular on this point. I dalloped onto wax paper and put them in the fridge. It made 12 dallops :).

These are soooo good! Thanks, L., for the original recipe. My cream cheese had a sort of aged twang to it that gave it a teeny bit of sour twang. Regardles, still very good. I'll be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment