Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advent 3-Part Cards

Here are some Advent 3-part cards for the youngers.  No reselling, personal use only.  [Update:  The link has been fixed.  Thanks to those who let me know it wasn't working.]

http://tinyurl.com/259x3cs


What's Cookin'?

I kept track of all that I was able to make out of one 5-lb bag of flour.  I was using white wheat flour and got the following from just this one bag (no mixing of other flours):  4 loaves of bread; 2 batches of biscuits; 1 batch of muffins.  That's at least $10 worth of the least expensive packaged foods of the same items.  I felt like I was spending too much for the $2.50/bag flour but it's actually still quite economical.  If I had my druthers I would buy non-bromated flour, but King Arther is a bit too high.  Organic wheat is about $3.50.  More than I want to pay for flour but this shows just how much I can get (without trying) from one bag.  It was quite affirming that not only are dc NOT getting all of the extra unhealthy junk, but it saves money too!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I linked to your blog and mentioned your Advent cards and your neat Montessori materials and recipes. Hope that all is well and that you have a very merry Christmas.
    Here is the link:
    http://sunriselearninglab.blogspot.com/2010/12/delicious-discounts-fabulous-freebies.html

    Colleen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Colleen! I left a comment for you back at your place :). I love your list and look forward to going back through it more slowly.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete