Race for a Flat
- Base Ten Blocks
- Place value chart (one per player)
1) Roll die. Put that amount of ones (units) in the ones place. You only add ones each time you roll. Go to next player (one roll per player).
2) If, after you put the ones, you have 10 or more units in the ones place then exchange it for a ten and put the ten in the tens place.
More Christmas Cookies:
Here are some pictures of youngest dd's Christmas cookies. She was actually pretending that different dolls (which have different personalities) decorated different cookies so keep that in mind when you see the one-eyed gingerbread boy and such
I experimented with *trying* to make some colored icing using things I had in the kitchen. Dd got a kick out of it and was very encouraging. Elderberry actually made a nice purple color. We used beets and blueberries as well. When I used beet water it turned sort of brown and didn't emulsify very well (left one in first picture). When I just smooshed softened beets straight into the icing (and scooped them back out) it turned a very pretty dark pink and didn't loose any texture (right in first picture).
- I need to make a new batch of the bread in 5 minutes a day so it will be ready for our Monkey Bread on Wednesday (Dia de los Reyes).
- I need to cook a spaghetti squash. I can't decide between pesto or sketty sauce for this.
- My mom gave me a couple of Weight Watchers cook books for Christmas. I made the chicken and dumplings recipe the other day and it was so delicious. The upside down veggie pizza last night, on the other hand, barely made the grade. Next time I will NOT cook it on the lowest rack as they said and I won't use the yogurt dough for that particular recipe.