Sour Cream Enchiladas
I used the filling left over from THESE chimichangas to fill the enchiladas. THIS link was my inspiration. Below is how I made the sauce.
2 Tablespoons butter
1/3 C diced red onions (optional)
1/4 C flour
8 oz organic chicken broth
1/2 jar Herdez green chili sauce
8 oz Sour cream
1. Melt the butter and cook the onions until slightly tender.
2. Add the flour. Stir constantly until the butter is absorbed into the flour.
3. Slowly add the broth, stirring constantly, and then slowly add the green chili sauce.
4. Cook, still stirring constantly, until it reaches a slow boil and continue 1 more minute.
5. Remove from the heat and add in the sour cream.
6. Cover the enchiladas with this sauce. Top with grated cheese - I used 2 handfuls... Maybe 3/4 cup?
7. Baked at 350F for 20 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
PS: Even my mom liked it! Enjoy!