Sunday, July 7, 2013

Zucchini-Hamburger Stuffed Pizza Loaf

What's Cookin'?

~ Zucchini muffins:  Middle dd made her famous zuke bread recipe (a double batch) but we made muffins with it without any modifications.  Worked great!  Yes, I still need to upload that recipe!

~ Accidental chocolate-covered almonds:  I wanted to make a trail mix for the dc for snack today and roasted some pre-soaked/dehydrated almonds ("crispy nuts" in Nourishing Traditions) but was toooo impatient to wait for the almonds to cool before adding them to the mix.  The Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips melted over them and made a delightful gooey mess :).

~ And....

Zucchini-Hamburger Stuffed Pizza Loaf:



 

Ingredients:

- Pizza crust (enough for 1 regular pizza)(preferably soaked or sprouted)
- 1/3 jar spaghetti sauce (more to taste if preferred)
- 1/3 lb cooked ground beef
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) shredded mozarella cheese
- 1/2 C shredded zucchini (with water squeezed out)
- 1 medium/small bell pepper
- any other veggies/meats you would like to add

Directions:

I rolled the crust out into a rectangle and layered the following: approximately 1/3 of a jar of Bertolli organic spaghetti sauce (I saved that from the previous night's spaghetti dinner); 8 oz shredded mozarella (minus youngest dd's toll for shredding it!), tad less than 1/3 pound pre-cooked hamburger (I saved a little from the third pound bag for soup later in the week), about 1/2 C shredded zucchini (shhh!) and a medium bell pepper cut into lengths (I had a lighter than yellow-colored one from the farmer's market).  Note:  I squeezed the water out of the shredded zuke first.

 



Next, I rolled it up and gingerly moved it to a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.  I ended up with a curved loaf :).  I let it rise 15 minutes per the instructions and baked at 375F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

I served it with leftover green salad (also from last night's spaghetti dinner!).

Enjoy!

This recipe is part of Real Food Wednesday and Fat Tuesday .


[Note: I bought a package of Pepe's Bakery Pizza Crust at Wal-Mart.  We usually make our own crust but I'm a little frazzled with the whole moving thing.  I actually grabbed 2 packages and one is in the freezer.  It is about $1.60 and the only ingredients are: flour, water, yeast, and salt.  Yeah!!]







No comments:

Post a Comment