Don't ask me why I took pictures of materials I was letting go that youngest dd has outgrown. I'm not actually emotionally attached to the the actual materials. However, I am attached to memories of my dc using them and am attached to their childhoods that are ending much too quickly. Letting the materials go is acknowledging that dd (and all 3 dc) has moved on to a different stage in her childhood and I feel the years slipping by all too quickly.
[Insert huge sigh ~ content but bittersweet]
There is a reason that I am sharing these with you... Hopefully something in the photos will inspire you in your material making, or storage, or teaching.
Since my computer is still dead and I can't type between the photos, here is a general rundown of what is below. These are mostly Geography and Math works/materials.
- Land/water 'tubs'
- Land/water puzzles made using fun foam and mat boards
- Land/water cards
- Contructive Triangles made from fun foam
- Road Signs dominoes
- Long Bead Chains with arrows
- 1000 Bead Chain with arrows
- Base Ten Blocks
- A math board game
- Fraction box
- Money flash cards and dominoes
- Cuisenaire Rods
- Addition Snake Game
- Multiples [10 of each bead bar in a tackle box with arrows]
- Test Tube Division [also known as Racks and Tubes for long division]
- Short Bead Chains
- Negative Snake Game
- Some independent Math facts cassettes
- Youngest dd's dog ~ Okay, so we didn't get rid of her :). She is sniffing around my Montessori storage boxes [I highly recommend this system! Banker boxes have saved this unorganized mind and this is a system that I really do follow to easily put things away and easily find things. It's the first organizational routine that I've used that really fits my brain type.]
You can see how I used tackle boxes and the small sterilite drawers to keep materials accessible yet compact on the shelves.
Humph, well, the photos are in reverse order (sort of) and I can't change the sizes or placements nor type by each picture [I amstill using dh's computer in 'safe mode' and I don't want to mess with anything.]. Maybe I can come back later and adjust but here they are in all of their glory...