Saturday, February 2, 2013

Clean 15; Dirty Dozen


What's Cookin'?

I like to post this now and then.  This is EWG's 2012 Shopping Guide.  I keep one in my purse because I can never remember the list and sometimes I run into a food I don't buy often enough to know off the top of my head.  Actually, it's now in youngest dd's purse because she confiscated it one day - and pulls it out at the store sometimes to help me :).

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/

Things that I buy regularly that I DO get organic:

- apples
- potatoes
- carrots
- celery
- tomatoes
- blueberry (I get from Canada, organic, or from other clean sources - check on the bag to see where it is from if you buy off-brands like I do)(the dirty dozen ones are domestic)

Things that I buy regularly that I do NOT get organic:

- bananas
- oranges
- lemons
- canteloupe (domestic)
- mangoes
- sweet potatoes

Now that I see sweet peas on the Clean 15 list I won't worry so much about it because I was buying frozen organic peas also.


No comments:

Post a Comment