Here is the chart I came up with by comparing a school district, a part-time private academy, classical ed, and entrance requirements for state and private universities. I don't know why it changed the font in parts when I pdf-ed it; but if it's a problem reading it please let me know and I'll change it.
My current high school plan for history (subject to change!):
9th: World Geography (30 minutes 2x weekly); Modern US History (60 minutes 2x weekly)
10th: World Geography (30 minutes 2x weekly); Ancients World History (60 minutes 2x weekly)
11th: Government (30 minutes 2x weekly); Modern World History (60 minutes 2x weekly)
12th: Economics (US and Global) (30 minutes 2x weekly); History (Original documents study of various time periods) (60 minutes 2x weekly)
Please let me know of any blatant errors.
- Youngest dd had a chocolate cake on Sunday. For the icing I used 2 softened sticks of butter, 2 dashes of vanilla, and powdered sugar until she said it was good. I keep devolving R's recipe into something thrown together but I still love the recipe! I never thought of making icing on my own before that. Thanks so much! For the cake itself, um, well, okay, it was boxed! I broke down and got the high-end organic box of chocolate cake 'cuz of the trans fats and such and it was soooo good.
- Last night we had homemade chicken noodle soup. We came home AT dinnertime and I needed something fast and nutritious. Keeping homemade broth in the fridge is a lifesaver. I poured some in a pot, threw in some noodles (happened to have vermicelli but sketty noodles work fine), tore up the lonely piece of leftover chicken into pieces, and added some frozen peas. It was delicious and took less than 15 minutes start-to-table. Once it was served I added some Salvadoran cream to mine and it was delicious (I've also used sour cream, whipping cream, and plain milk to make cream soup). The dc really liked it but dh was mysteriously absent :) - working on the car actually (He got the part put on, yeah!!!).
- I made a practice run of cinnamon rolls the other day (we eat C. Rolls on Christmas morning). It was excellent considering that I was using a 10-grain bread dough. I need to make another batch of plain dough to have ready for Christmas.
- We made some chocolate syrup by putting raw cacao powder in honey. It was gloppy in dd's milk but we're going to try it in hot milk - I think it will dissolve fine next time.
- I let a little package of chicken go bad in the fridge because life was just crazy. Whah! I hate wasting food!! It was just a $2 pack but still...